A criminal record? Get Listed Building Consent instead!

Most owners of Grade 1 listed properties would be shocked to know that making alterations to a Grade 1 listed property without consents can land them with a criminal record!  

So, before you embark on any alterations at all, do contact the conservation department at Brighton & Hove City Council bit.ly/19Qf2L5 to check what you need to do.

If you are about to sell, check your lease plan or property plan corresponds to the layout of your property.  If alterations have been carried out before you bought the property and your solicitor or surveyor did not pick up on it, you will still need to regularise this as your solicitor acting on your sale will need this to satisfy the buyer's solicitor.

It's a pain but less of a pain than a criminal record and a lost sale.

Give me a call if you need advice about this.

Paul Bonett F.N.A.E.A.  M.A.R.L.A.  

01273 677365